Givers & Takers Pt. 2

So I shared a bit of Pt. 1 w/a coworker turned dear friend of mine. & I was telling her how a giver has to be w/a taker. Gives it balance. I told her a taker cannot & will not last w/another taker. Same as a giver cannot be w/a giver. She insisted a giver could be w/another giver though. & I thought about it. It would be an ideal relationship. If a person who has always contributed in another can finally be loved w/the same if not more, it would be an abundance of love all around. Making sure they are happy. Making sure they are taken care of. Making sure they are challenged. Making sure neither settle for less. Making sure they both strive for more. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Unless......

all the giving drains one or the other. *sigh* Perhaps a giver should belong w/a taker. It's only fair. What isn't fair though. Is the ratio of givers & takers. I know there aren't enough givers. & some givers have turned into takers. Know your role & accept it. My third grade teacher said it best. "Life isn't fair."

Popular Posts