Father Dearest

Always wanted a great relationship with my dad. So when I got some sense years after becoming an adult, I tried to. But as we all know, in regards to relationships, it takes two. I wanted him to be proud of me. Note the past tense. I found myself, alone in this journey to even be cordial with him. So now, I've accepted that I lost not one, but both of my parents at a very young age. The fruitful developments I share with my mother are ones I appreciate now & it's more thanks to me than her if we're keeping it bitter. But I know if she was anything like my dad, I, nor my efforts would matter. So shout out to her for being loving, in her own way. Meanwhile, I got Daddy-O on the line wanting to use my name for a house. Never mind how I've been doing. Never mind if I need anything. That would be completely out of the question, of course.

Popular Posts