Are You My Love?

I've tried (smiles). I really have tried to send/write some sweet shit. I guess I'm just not used to being gay. Been trained to survive. By any means necessary. So I've gone through life, minding my own & chiming in when wanted. I run when I'm needed. Y'all don't know how thankful I am for my entire existence though. Couldn't describe to me the mentality I have now, to the me four years ago, & expect me to believe you. Just knowing the many things that I deal with on the daily. It's really this. Imagine me carrying the biggest backpack you have ever seen. For whatever reason, you want me to "take a load off" & help me get it off. You realize it's light. As fuck. Where's the weight? You stare at me in confusion/disbelief. & all I do is grin & take a seat. I just know that I'm more confident, happier, motivated & most importantly, I never ask myself that question that I used as the title of this post.

-She who knows.

Popular Posts