A Mother's Desire

Sitting near a family of four. Husband & wife, daughter & son. Precious family. Watching the daughter play with her father's legs while he's speaking with his three male friends. She runs off to her mother & he says he'll be back. His daughter runs after him & he turns sideways with his hand held out. She grabs it & they walk off together. I immediately begin to feel a yearning within me. A gentle yet sharp reminder of my failed marriage. What an incredible blessing to share your life with someone & raise children together. I hear the wife tell her son, "Quieres ir con papi, ve pues, corre." & he runs off. "Papi" turns sideways as he hears the rapid footsteps coming along behind him. Holds his other hand out & the boy grabs on. A father walking off with both of his children by his sides. I then turn to the mother & make the motion with my hands as if I'm snapping a picture of her husband & adorable kids. She chuckles & tears filled my eyes as I looked away. My heart.

Popular Posts