Partially Abstract (yet Practical)

Men that are apart from the concrete existence. Those, I'm partial to. It's an intrigue I've never seemed to escape. You got those who don't say much. You got those that ask plenty of questions about everyone else & once you're done sharing & you've gone your separate ways, you realize that you have no idea who you just shared so much of your life to. Then you got the ones who always reach out but don't share about themselves, they simply ask how you are doing. Maybe they'll reply after you do & mostly, they will go on w/their day as if your answer didn't matter. & yet, every time they reach out, you immediately respond. I'm predictable in that sense. Especially knowing how busy they are. Don't get me wrong, some times I feel they probably have absolutely nothing going on, that I'm just being ignored. Doesn't hurt me. I mean, when I think about the many people I ignore daily, it's because I'm inside of my head. Or have too many things going on. & sure it takes a couple of seconds to let them know you'll get back to them when you have time, but it's just a lot easier to say nothing at all. I may not be doing manual labor, but I am busy. Dealing. Life is unpredictable & I love being in control. So when things aren't going my way & my efforts seem to be in vain; the battle against/within me commences. & at that time, it's just better that not even Jesus Himself should lend a hand. (I tend to give my demons more power than I should at times). I got off track.... I'm drawn to the incomplete profile of a man. If I haven't figured them out, their mystery may become an obsession. See, I lose interest easily & if a man can't teach me something new, I move on. Look for another adventure. A mind fuck, if you will. There's just so much I need to explore & when I am able to get a sip of a particular man's character, my thirst is quenched even if I barely got a taste.

Popular Posts