Mr. Frank Ocean

It's not often when an album or mixtape can be played in its entirety for over a month straight & me NOT get tired of it. In fact, it is rare when after the five thousandth time of a play, I manage to arouse other senses of mine. When your spirit FEELS the music. Take today....,

Sierra Leone. I got chills listening to that this morning. I ended up hearing him but then realizing I didn't hear him at all. Singing, I mean. Then I realized it was because I was singing. No, just joshin'. I mean, I was. But I didn't even know I was til I felt my jugular throbbing. Yes, I love to sing.

The last time anyone heard me seriously belt out some tunes was in 7th, maybe 8th grade. & I remember being told that I should pursue it since I actually can & enjoy it so. But singing was never something I wanted to do for a living. I love to do it on my own time, when no one else is around. It's almost as liberating as dancing.

Hadn't sung like that in many years. Thanks, Frank.

Popular Posts