BE Strength.

I wish it upon no one. The damage that your worth endures when you give all of your love to someone undeserving. If everyone would just be loving. The root of the iniquity that you or I went through. We didn't deserve it. We didn't. You didn't decide to be here. & neither did I. But we are here. You & me. The little bit of happiness we receive & we are filled w/untrammeled delight. Right? Doesn't take much to keep me happy. To bring a smile to your face. To make me chuckle & forget, if for just a second, the pain that I go through. That you can't let go of. That I can't seem to release. That you can't share w/me.

Move on, right? Just move on. It becomes more difficult when you have a child w/someone. Now you have to block out the memories you have in order to be cordial around your child. Pretend so to speak. Recreate yourself & not think of the awful things done to you w/a smile. All to come to an agreement. That may or may not change depending on their mood of the day. How does one continue to be respectful? How does one continue to hold their tongue?

I can be just as mean. Just as careless. Just as conniving. So why haven't I? It's just a circle. I keep going around & around. You spit at me & I happily wipe. The ultimate sacrifice. To keep your composure & remain calm while you look into the eyes of someone who continues to belittle you. The disrespect keeps up. & the mocking persists. & what do you do? You go out of your way to make life easier for him. You give her options & ask her what she thinks. When he ignores you, you try a different way to make him see that it isn't about him anymore. It's about your child. You have been GREAT even towards her, when you didn't have to be, & she just doesn't stop.

Don't lose it.

Popular Posts