Highlights

As I listen to Godspeed You! Black Emperor, I find myself to be at peace for once. I have a feeling it won't last more than five minutes so I'll enjoy it for what it is. In my present. At my lap. Currently.

Sorting out miscellaneous things & paperwork, emptying out drawers, cabinets, shelves, etcetera, I remember catching myself looking over at my six year young doing the same. Without a single complaint, for a month he helped me & asked to assist me in any way he could. I recall telling him one night how great he was & that I thought I was going to do everything my myself.

"It's what you got me for, Mama." was his reply.

The boy would even motivate me to lift higher.

"You can do it, Mama. Almost done. Big muscles. Come on, come on. You got it. Almost!"

All of this, for him.

Piece of cake when I reminisce on my past battles.

Popular Posts