Thankful

He asked me, "What inspired you to take up the written word? Has it always been a part of you?"

  • At first, I was very hesitant to be so personal & I remember regrettably deleting two-four posts. So the very first one available isn't really the first one. Anyway. My first "piece" was at age 10 on paper. Became digital five yrs ago. I'm 25 now. Inspiration came from pain & choosing to write instead of talk to others about it. I didn't want to be judged or given advice or told what's right or what's wrong. I just wanted to release. That's why, like I've told you before: I write for me. Right or wrong. It's how I felt & that's my force. My drive if you will, at times. It can be empowering. It can also be quite damaging to self. Just as radiant as I can be on a good day, I can easily express a dark mood thanks to my thoughts. Mind's mostly racing. Music soothes me. It's the one thing that's never let me down. & in any mood, it's relevant.
I'm glad he asked. & that he sees how my "work can be used to enlighten or be detrimental to" me. He sees it as "a gift" that I "bless people who read it by sharing."

Paragraph below was seen here.

In the 1991 film Barton Fink, John Turturro plays a tortured writer trying to make it in Hollywood. "I've always found that writing comes from a great inner pain," he argues at one point with a colleague. "Maybe it's a pain that comes from a realization that one must do something for one's fellow man — to help somehow ease his suffering. Maybe it's a personal pain. At any rate, I don't believe good work is possible without it." The other writer, halfway through a bottle of Wild Turkey, shrugs and says "Well me, I just enjoy making things up."

Popular Posts