Lemon Pepper

Going to Wing Stop (or Wings N Things as I have called it before 'cause I'm is dumb), w/Druw is our thing but he likes to be taken there by other femmes as well.. .... ahem.... anyway I had not been there in months & we decided to get our grub on before the show! *high pitched voice* uh-may-ziiiiing.

Moving forward..

I've been to The Music Box at least three times & I have not been disappointed ONCE. In fact, my experience seems to get better each & every time! Last night definitely topped it for me & I honestly can't wait for the two shows awaiting me next month :D But back to last night....

Cults! I was extremely excited to see them w/Druw, he put me onto their music no more than a month ago. We also saw Mrs. Magician perform before Spectrals & I absolutely LOVED Mrs. Magician's performance. I will be looking them up & gettin' my ears on anything I can find seeing as how they may not last. I only say this because I didn't understand the chemistry toward the end of their performance. It was unusual. Seemed like they were no longer playing around & they spit on one one another at one point, or three & well that's just super disrespectful lol. Glad they finished their damn set though, ha. I don't need to discuss the other band.

While we waited for Cults to show up, I was groovin' to whatever playlist the DJ had going on which I wish he would just email me w/. But I think this song, or mix of it, was my favorite & Druw found the Nat King Cole version which helped me find it, & well, I got the whole damn tape :D

Oh mannnnnn THEN CULTS CAME ON. It was very eerie in between the songs because it was so dark & the images projected on the band/through them made me feel as if I, well Druw & myself ('cause the asians, three blacks & whites that were there surrounding us didn't matter), had stepped into The Twilight Zone. But the FEELING(s) that this group gave me. The SOUND. I felt HAPPY. I felt liberated. Truly had nothing else in mind but the tunes. At times, I felt like a child. Like I was having an overload of amazing childhood memories but nothing personal/specific came to mind; it was just the feeling that all of those songs gave me (set list below).
I was even more joyful that I had Druw beside me because he's one of the very few people that have stood by me through ALL of me. & man, do I mean that. He genuinely cares about me & will let me know when he doesn't because he does, lol, did that make sense? Yeah. He's great. Thank you. Again.

Popular Posts