To Become

It's not the first time someone has discussed to me via phone call
how full of pain my posts are in this blog. Or how "sad" they are.

"I thought to myself, 'Who hurt this girl? Who hurt Jenn?'"

It didn't used to be that way. To be honest, it has been months since I actually dug up some warm thoughts. Perhaps, I don't need to be reminded of how cozy I can be. There are so many projects I'm planning out that need to be put into effect & honestly, I'm just enjoying life as it comes. As each day passes, I'm just grateful for whomever is giving me their knowledge & sharing a bit of wisdom. I still use my time wisely & I'm getting better at multi-tasking. I am expanding my mind to a greater extent thanks to people being open w/me, the books I have been reading, the music that's been handed to me & the truth I continue to challenge, within myself.

I truly am a work in progress & though I acknowledge my bitterness/pain daily, my shell has been less hostile. It is penetrable & I'm no longer a thug. THAT'S RIGHT. "From this moment on, I renounce my thrown." -Akeem.

Popular Posts