Take Two

Dear       ,
     When you come see me, I lose all doubt & treat you as if I never forgot how to. You make me forget what I've been through, have me look forward to this present w/you & force this anxiousness upon me for this future we're building. Those eyes of yours. I get lost in your numerous shades of brown & I gracefully see myself w/you as I look in you. It feels so good to see you. To hold you. To kiss you. I have all of this love to give but I continue holding onto it. I don't share it & I'm holding it hostage within me. It's dying. "Surely, I jest." For you know that Love never dies. It lives on; it's triumphant. Victorious, if you will. But I am killing it. Holding onto it so tightly, it can't breathe. I've been chopping its wings off every time it wants to soar. Longing for that taste of freedom, but me as a captive then, I'm now the captor.
Love,
Jennifer

P.S. I'd love another visit from you soon. Before I move on.

Popular Posts