Psychological Mannerisms

One thing I really hope I get a chance to do. Is make both my parents proud of me. That's something that I've always wanted. However, the things I have done & continue to do, I do thinking of me & mine (Andrew), not them. Meaning, my actions aren't done because I want them to see the impact(s) I have made & then recognize my efforts just to hear those simple but meaningful words (I'm proud of you). My determination to do better has always been there & will persist. One day, though. I hope I get that chance. That's all.

It just always seemed like everything I've done, it's never been enough. & isn't that the way it works? The hard worker gets ignored. While the sluggish hold the most attention? Or the problem child is assisted. & all the diligent do, is try harder & get overlooked. Hoping, one day, to be noticed.

I'll get my day. At least I long for it anyway.

They very well could be or have been but I can't remember a time either of them saying so. No matter what I showed them, their response was always why I didn't do better.

Popular Posts