Two Against One

People really do have a tremendous lack of amount of common sense. & for many it is so hard to be good at controlling their own mind over the matter at hand. I, like everyone else, have many issues. Smaller than yours, bigger than others' but they exist. I refuse to let that stop me from being great at the things I do on a day to day basis. Everything you've read is based on me watching a few episodes of Intervention. Those people are extremely selfish & stubborn. Shit's unreal at times but I remind myself that that's only what we are shown. I'm sure there's plenty of other terrible ways that other people choose to "live." Anyway, what triggered this post was a phone-call I just received from my mom.

A woman I hold in the highest regard. I love her so much. & I'm sad to confess that, this lady does NOT love me as much as I love her. Every parent w/more than one child, has a favorite. I haven't met one that is willing to say this out-loud, but this is true. Sidenote: One of my fears in having more children is knowing that I would definitely have a favorite. No one child is the same. No one labor is the same. No one pregnancy is the same. & I'm human. I'm also very outspoken. I will tell you if your child is ugly. I will tell you if mine is, too. Moving forward, there's many things that my mother has done for me to be sure of her love for me. Even things that she has cruelly said to me. Nonetheless, I love her & I will always love her. Tonight (along w/countless many), she called me not to speak to me. To ask for my brother. It doesn't sadden me anymore. It's normal. I don't get angry at her. & I don't judge her for it. She's my mom. I just wish she knew how much I loved her. What's worse is that I am positive she knows but she rather have my brother's love.

"I tried calling your brother but he didn't pick up so I called you to see if he was there w/you."
That will never get old.
"Nah, he's not here."
"Okay, well how are you guys?"
"Good."
"Okay, well, I'll call some other time."

So robotic. It's just another day. I'm sure I'll hear from her once before Christmas. To ask if my brother's doing all right. She'll remain cherished.

Popular Posts