A Gain (after the loss)

Emotionless, this city lies
Cruel it is, it clouds my eyes
The dull, the dark
Shades on my day
I live inside this play

Locked up inside my metal cage
Always tense & filled w/rage
Above the concrete fields below
w/you I wanna go

.. now my ends are meetin' in the best way that I know
.. & the beats that go BOOM
See the music I consume to escape the doom & gloom
All the beats & melodies they keep realities at bay
But what happen when the record drummin' start to fade away

Alone within myself again
I try to veil away my pain

.. & now I hear no sounds...

I feel like Melly Mel from way back in the days
As I wonder how I keep from going under
I got trouble on my mind like my name was Chuck D
& like Marvin Gaye, it makes me wanna holler
But when the music hits me I feel no pain
That's why I got to put you on again & again
I take the needle off the Technics & put it in my vein
All my troubles get crushed as the rush hits my brain
& away.. goes.. trouble.. down the drain

I see only what I wanna see
I'll be only what I wanna be

Music is my sanctuary
Music is my blanket

My blanket covers me

You are my living world
You are you are you are my
My only living world....

Popular Posts