Occupy

Negative & positive news feeds about it. Around the world, people are taking a stand. Voicing their concerns & unifying folk from different backgrounds, different struggles, different blessings. I was around one night during Occupy San Diego. The passion from that female's voice telling her story still comes to mind from time to time. It's hard to understand the reasons why our government would want to harm us or keep us down. Keep us from expressing ourselves or to shine light on our rights that they want us to believe we have but actions tells us the opposite. Even more difficult to find out the ways they're removing peaceful protestors. I would like to take part more often or do more than I already do from where I am: at home w/my son (if I'm not at work). BUT. I can't afford to go to jail & away from my child. Can't have something happen to me 'cause some cop 'accidentally' pulled the trigger. Then what? For what? Died for what? For my son to grow up NOT knowing me? There's things I've failed at, many things. But being a mother has been my greatest achievement. & every day, I thrive off the things he says. He's only five, but he has one incredible mind. & I'm seriously not just saying that because he's my seed. I'll be the first parent to tell you my kid is ugly if his adult teeth ain't shit. I got a handsome one w/the baby teeth on deck though. Or if he's said something stupid that makes me question his mental health, I'll let it be known. Anyway, I pray for the parents out there making a difference. Making history. Even taking your children to these remonstrations. I pray you aren't hungry, that you aren't cold, that your health couldn't be better. I pray for your strength. Physical & most of all emotional. Because I know how much these issues cause us stress. You inspire me & make my concerns worth worrying about.

Act Two.

Popular Posts