Huracán Jova

It has been 40 years since Jalisco has been hit w/a hurricane & for the last few days there have been a few deaths, thousands injured & homes vanished. Businesses are halfway underwater & the shore has disappeared. The ocean has taken over & where I used to spend my time walking through the town, is now seen w/people rowing along in a boat. I heard my family out there is alive & everyone has become unified in helping each other out. I continue to pray for their strength & that they do not lose faith. I have seen pictures & video of the damage that has been done & words cannot describe how my spirit feels. These are places I used to visit at least 60 days out of the year, every single year. & now they're gone. Completely gone. Schools are closed, stores & banks are not even in anyone's mind right now. It's all about saving the rest. The streets are empty & many have left to find refuge elsewhere. Attentive stares from those wondering what's left of their livelihood. I say this because a close friend of mine's business is halfway gone & he says that all he has left to do is wait. That he has no idea what's to come of this & what the first steps are going to be. He says the strongest part of the restaurant is already destroyed.

I had an emotional breakdown yesterday morning & to think that there are people in Barra de Navidad, Jalisco that have no place to sleep tonight makes me feel like a fool. They have children & everything has been taken from them. Faith & strength.

Popular Posts