Defense Mechanism(s)

I used to just read books. Book after book after book. Instead of interacting w/others. I didn't have time to even think about them. I was so infused w/my imagination & the author's words that hearing children's laughter didn't persuade me to stop what I was doing & make friends.

I've stayed in my room as an adolescent. I would only get out to grab something to eat, brush my teeth, shower & go out (school or elsewhere). No one ever bothered me. Just BET, MTV [when both those channels mattered (I stopped watching at 13... so '99)] & Seinfeld. Oh & aol/MSN chat rooms, lol. A/S/L.

Then I moved onto just not speaking to people. Not giving them reasons why. Just cut off all & any ties. I figured if I move on before them, then I don't have to go through the pain of investing my emotions into them & being left. Shouts to Good Will Hunting.

I forgot where I was going w/this. I'm out.

Popular Posts