Golden

"See, I was talkin' to this girl the other night & she was cryin'. Sayin' she was in the same place in life that I am. Stuck in between believing religion & science. Don't know what to make of the calendar by the Mayans & we got a little deeper. So she was afraid of dyin'; if we all gotta go, then what's the point in tryin'? I ain't have an answer, well, she just dried her eyes & I took another sip of the Patron I had put ice in. She said it was too much & it was hard for her to trust 'cause her ex did her wrong, she longed for a lover's touch. My palm was what she clutched & I thought about B. & wondered if she was w/some other nigga, talkin' bout me. & as I let that thought linger, she fiddled w/my finger & chuck it to herself & told me I don't really speak much. The truth is, I sorta have a tendency of sayin' a whole lot of shit that probably won't stay in your memory. Find peace in simplicity. Beauty in anything. I love The Notebook because the ending always gets to me. I lost love 'cause I was tryin' to do that pimpin' thing & now I'm here w/you tryin' to justify this mini fling. We put it off as many things, hiding insecurities, satisfying many needs, thinkin' you're the cure for me, whatever. Just as long as we are here together. Try to run away from pain forever. So take me away....

"See, I was talkin' to this kid the other day & we was smokin'. He said his team won't pass him the ball when he's open. He said he could be good but no one really knows it & to make it to the league one day is what he's hopin'. But he looks kinda scrawny & then we got to talkin'. About all of these scars that were all over his body. He went straight from the hospital, fresh up off the IV. His dad has been beatin' him since he learned to use the potty. & one day he caught him & his sister doin' the naughty. He knew it felt wrong but was scared to tell his mommy. That really fucked me up, didn't know how he was smilin.' He told me, don't trip, I know that God got me. I pray every night that all of this will stop & bullies leave me alone 'cause I don't want to fight. I don't know how. I told him guard his chin if he ever has to throw down & I see you on your bike. I really think that you should slow down. The weather's gettin' chilly & you should wear a coat. & whatever don't kill you, well it only help you grow. I took the blunt back & said I really hope you hearin' this. He got quiet, & broke down to tears & shit. & he told me, I just want to disappear. Or at least far away from here. So take me away...."

Popular Posts