Up Writing

Jerome Dickens says (about tonight):

"I'm up writing, just me and my pen, some water too, nothing special, enjoying my off days!"

See that? Aside from reading my camera's manual like it was the Holy Bible, I just like to write. Just write away. Sometimes they become doodles because I like to do exercises in which my pen doesn't leave the paper. & see what is in my mind that I am not quite aware of but is indeed there. & alive. So alive. As far as editing goes. I really dislike doing that to my writing. Especially rereading it right after I "complete" my piece(s). See. When I write, I write about what's going on at the moment. Actually. No. & I've actually explained this quite a few times, I happen to go through something, see something, hear something that either inspires me to the point that I begin to create something or I just retouch some insight from an experience of the past. But back to editing. If I reread something that I just wrote & I don't like the way I worded it, I found that I change it all completely & then it no longer is what I meant it to be in the first place. It evolves into something that I don't completely approve of. If I give it time to flourish then I can add my two cents to it or actually transform it into something else. THEN, & only then am I okay w/the mixing of it all. Unusual. & obvious at the same time.

Popular Posts