"It's Over"

House MD Season One, Episode Nine

Dr. House: & that's all u are? Musician?
John Henry Giles: I got one thing. Same as you.
Dr. House: Really. Apparently, you know me better than I know you.
JHG: I know that limp. I know the empty ring finger. & that obsessive nature of yours, that's a big secret. You don't risk jail & your career to save somebody doesn't want to be saved unless you got something, anything... one thing. The reason normal people got wives & kids & hobbies, whatever, that's because they ain't got that one thing that, that hits them that hard & that true. I got music. You got this. The thing you think about all the time. Thing that keeps you south of normal. Yeah, makes us great. Makes us the best. All we miss out on is everything else. No woman waiting at home after work w/a drink & a kiss; that ain't gonna happen for us.

*I ain't got it.

Dr. House: *takes Vicodin*
JHG: How many of those pills you takin'?
Dr. House: I'm in pain.
JHG: Aren't we all.

AREN'T WE ALL..

Popular Posts