All She Knows

Probably one of the most hardest & most personal posts, I will share. Here goes.

The character that Natalie Portman plays in Black Swan is extremely emotional, like me. It seemed as though she was crying in every scene, considering tears filled her eyes but never dropped. I have the ability to fill my eyes w/tears in an instant. On the spot, if you will. I am also, believe it or not, in control during this awesome power of mine. However. You knew that was coming. There is one instance in which I have absolutely no strength to hold back tears. My kryptonite, if you will, when presented upon me.

Sincere & strong women.

Tia Lidia & Tia Licho pictured above.

There are other leading ladies in my life that I am deeply inspired by that will not be pictured. Starring my great-great-grandmother. The last time I saw her was two years ago. A lot of time had gone by since I seen her before that. I mean, I was no longer the same Jenny she once knew. We used to play a variety of card games. She taught me how to gamble & introduced me to the world of gambling. She was the type of woman that was outlandishly outspoken (but truthful), one that made sure everyone she cared for was GOOD before she took care of herself. & you know what else? She never complained. EVER.

Tia Carmen.

She isn't MY tia but she's someone's tia that, I KNOW has had her share of tribulations & has continued to carry on w/her head high. A gentle smile w/captivating eyes that make you feel empowered just by standing alongside of her. She was once my Tia Licho's sister-in-law. NOW, that's another breed of Woman. She raised four boys & one girl by herself. Working countless hours to make sure they not only had everything they needed but everything they wanted. She's been judged & humiliated. & you know what else? She keeps smiling. My Tia Lidia is my Tia Licho's sister. A humble woman w/a unique sense of humor. She's shy, plays her guitar at family gatherings & thee most thoughtful. She is very much under appreciated & at times, bullied, but she remains optimistic & hopeful.

Tia Xochitl.

The youngest of them all. A true warrior. Never quits. Does what she has to do to get by & LIVE life. An exciting individual that is liked by many. She seems to be jolly almost all the time yet keeps it real when Life comes around & chin checks her, lol. She will most likely be the one that gets to know me first. Been meaning to make a trip this year, somewhere I've never been. I'm sure I'll be enlightened.

I carry a trait or two from all these women. I'm blessed. & though they do not know me or my struggle(s), they are my motivation. I MUST keep going. Whether I reach my dreams or not, I will not quit. Fuck making history, those I care for, will know me. That's my American Dream. Don't blame me.

Just look at the HISTORY.

Popular Posts