My Young Man

I've questioned before whether my son will choose to live w/his father whom gives him everything, always has money & is unemployed (therefore always has time for him) instead of me who has (for most of his life) worked two jobs & doesn't see him as often as I'd love to. You know, when he gets older & he realizes he has a choice. It's not that I see myself doing the same shit, it's just one of those thoughts. Because for the most part, my mentality is working hard now, so I won't have to later. Anyway, keeping in mind my own childhood & how I was raised, I've been extremely careful in what I'd like Andrew's knowledge to be filled w/. I really don't like that I can still recall each lie my parents told me since the age of three therefore I have (& will) never underestimate a child's memory. Stay w/me.

I went to work today. 11 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. Not bad right? Picked him up from school & he asked if he was going to Sandy's house (that's his babysitter, whom he loves). I replied, "Yes," (if I say no, he says he wants to go later, lol). So we get home around 3. I dropped him off at Sandy's 'round 5. I told him that Carlos would pick him up later & that when he got home, he needed to put his pajamas on.

"Then I'm going to sleep, Mama?"
"No. It will just be an hr before u have to go to sleep but I want you to be comfortable & ready for bed."
"Oh. Otay. I'm waiting for you to come home from work?"
"Yes."

I went to work at 5:30 p.m. & got off work at 10 p.m. Called my popz (Carlos, my brother) & asked if everything was fine (he loves when I stress out, smh), & he said Andrew was already sleep. I was a bit disappointed but glad he was resting. I got home & asked popz if Andrew had changed into his pajamas. He said, "Nah, I didn't even know he went to sleep until you called," (see why I have a babysitter?). I go in my room & move Andrew onto his bed & he has his pajamas on.

He remembered! *tearing up* (again).

I love him.

Popular Posts