My Favorite

I don't think I've ever explained why I choose the titles that I do on these posts I submit so this shall be the first (for the ones that don't know why or have trouble figuring it out if it isn't obvious. Oh yeah & if you care).

About five days ago, I shared that I had listened to Kanye West's new album. & after watching the full-length film of Runaway this morning, I noticed how that particular post came off as I didn't give a damn about the album. So. I'd like to address that here now. Reminder: don't be fooled when you feel like you matter, I do this for myself.

Accepting & embracing the fact that Kanye is exceedingly creative & to me, a genius.. I did NOT have a high anticipation for this project. Don't take it the wrong way. I KNEW it would be prodigious. Knowing what Kanye HAS been capable of, it would be a limit to doubt or expect a certain worth particularly because of his craft, his ability. That being said, I was dumbfounded to listen once (without rewinding or having a repeat listen of any track) & FEEL as if too much was going on. You've heard "too much of a good thing can't be good for you." My point is similar to that. Not to mention the songs are over five minutes, so with all the different instruments, melodies & beats I remember thinking, 'oh, what song is this?' I'd check & see that it was the same damn song. I thought, 'What the. Could have sworn it began different.'

I must be in a certain mood to listen to a few artists such as, DOOM (MF Doom/Viktor Vaughn/whatever), Café Tacuba & even Joe Budden. With MBDTF, I don't know how I'd have to feel to listen. It's everywhere. Best word to describe this album is overpowering.

So Appalled would have to be the title for this post.

Popular Posts