All Hallows Eve

I don't remember anyone ever teaching me about Halloween. I just remember all of the awesome parties that my family would throw. EVERYONE wanted to be invited & SO MANY people would show up. & I remember they were all such good sports. See there was this rule: if you don't show up w/a costume on, you're going to get an egg cracked on you & flour poured on you. So you'll just be walking around pathetic. Everyone would drink, be merry & I would go to sleep early, only to be one of the first few up (along w/my grandmother; she is the best) stepping over all the passed out bodies on the floor.

*Kat Stacks voice* Anyway doe.

My One was so excited about Halloween this year. I mean, he was RAVING about it. This boy was so hype about wanting to be Batman & decorating our place w/spider webs, spiders, jack-o-lanterns.. really surprised me how much knowledge he's acquired in one year. I mean, he even hand-picked a pumpkin for us (read: me) to carve when he went to visit Bate's Nut Farm. We haven't gone all out but this year is definitely the beginning. I'm really happy he's open-minded about these "holidays."

Popular Posts