Power of Words

"Awake in another state, livin' in a new space, still I feel my...mind runnin' at a steady pace, God help me so I'll win the race."

I'm incredibly thankful for my friends & new acquaintances that I've met this summer. It's been enlightening to interact & meet people w/hella different lifestyles than myself. Though this summer has yet to top the one of '03, this summer has to be the one in which I learned thee most about myself as an individual. Not only that but the acceptance of the negative aspects that make me, Me. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've embraced it & won't change for anyone, blah blah. Kill THAT noise. I'm just sayin' there are things about me that I knew but wouldn't show ONLY because I didn't want to be that chick, that girl, that femme. So now that I acknowledge these traits, I begin to take these baby steps to make myself an even more beautiful person.

My demons won't let me go.
Tight grip they have, those fuckers.
Faith & Hope continue to hold my hands.
Even as I have let go of them so many times.
I'm being held.
I'm not alone.

Popular Posts