C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-O-N

Let's see what I can remember.

8.4 Wednesday night. Started getting ready at 8:30P.M. For work. I'm feeling good too! about this graveyard. That hasn't happened in MONTHS. 9P.M. comes along. Hop on the facebook realm & my dear Damien hits my wall up w/a Happy Birthday. So I text him, thanking him. Chris calls me. He's in iLLadelph: so he sings me "Happy Birthday." I'm feeling great! Henry calls me. Just to say hi. STILL feeling great. So I go to work. Thanking God I have energy & don't feel like Death in the slightest bit. 11P.M. I'm no longer looking forward to seeing people. I just want to go home. It's a slow night & I look at the time.. 12:01A.M. I look at the practically empty parking lot ahead of me. I begin to thank God for EVERYTHING. My night at work. I tell Him, I will continue to try to be more thankful for all. I apologize. For being ungrateful at times. I then see three bodies walking towards my place of employment [shouts to Brooklyn aka DJ Ron Darling] & start cursing up a storm under my breath [smh]. Something along the lines of "Oh one of 'em must be celebrating her birthday as well seein' as how she's holding a balloon. That fxckin' bxtch. Tf she think she is being born on the same day as me. She ain't shxt. They better not want me to sing." I start grabbing menu's.. count. One fuck. Two fucks. Three. "Hey, welcome to Den-" It's two of my coworkers w/another woman I've never met in life. & they begin to sing to me. I NEARLY cried. They really have no idea how those initial seconds had already made up for the last decade of my life. All those failures of August Fifths. I cringe at the thought. The pain. I get hugs. A balloon w/a few Disney princesses. & chocolate mothafxckin ice cream cake. In my uniform I start clappin type: Nutty Professor mama "Hercules Hercules.." & singin' "Ice cream & cake & cake! ICE CREAM & CAKE & CAKE." They laugh & I run around for a few minutes tendin' to customers then I take my break to have a slice of my cake. Even after telling them how much this thoughtful act was, I had so much trouble expressing myself. I really wanted them to just feel me. To understand how honest I was being. I am eternally grateful. So then they left, lol. I continued my night at work. Got home around 6:30A.M. Went to sleep for an hour. Took Andrew to school. [HE STARTED SCHOOL! At Sunnyside, folks!!!] Came back home & was offered breakfast by my mother.. I declined & resumed by drooling all types of sexy on my body pillow. A lot of internet love throughout the day [blogs, emails, postings] as well as texts, phonecalls, FLOWERS. Ohh.

THANK YOU DRUW. Your thoughtfulness was my favorite.

He had my favorite flower in a type: bouquet, the SUNflower sent to my home sometime in the afternoon. I woke up to these. Such a blessed way to wake up. Again, thank you.

I eventually went back to sleep. Woke up. Picked my son up. Had a 21minute argument about it being my birthday & he refused to believe me. He said it was his. Smh. Then when I won the argument, lol, he had the audacity to invite himself to the celebration.

:·P

My evening was relaxing & my night was almost a failure & I did shed a few tears, provoked by other coworkers of mine who decided on 1) doing something else for the night 2) not telling me about it 3) then lying to me about why the switch was made. *sigh* My friend, Darless was the realest ever. Her & her bf, Carlos. Oh how I appreciate those two passionate ones. Had a great night, full of laughter. & drinks. Oh the delicious drinks. Sip sip sip, be merry Charlie Murphy!

Woke up Fri, took Andrew to school. Went to work. Rough day. Was eager to sleep soon as I got home. That didn't happen. So then I got ready for my trip to Gardena. Picked up my cousin Rossy whom is a complete stranger because the last time I knew her, she wasn't potty trained. Drove to Burbank.. I was incredibly delirious during that drive. Talked to the usual suspects, lol, I support. El Prez, Chris Focus, Thurz, Y-O, Curt@!n$, Young De. Made it home early.

Worked the following morning.. Tired as hell. Anxious for that nap soon as I got home. Didn't happen. So Rossy & I got ready for the drive to Hollywood. Picked up Carmen & Vanessa. Got toastified in my honor. Vanessa bought me a drink, a couple kids rounded up some money for another drink & Chris [Focus mannnn!] bought me a couple, I think O:·S

Carmen drove Vanessa home as well as herself. I simmered down & made my way back home. Called Barry Oso & he kept me company during the whole drive.. Got home to see my locksmith friend that I was speaking to on the phone in my living room! Stayed up longer then went to work off a couple hrs of sleep. I think I was late too. After work 3P.M. I went to the store for a few more things for my BBQ at Kathie & her bf Eli's house. Their house is super duper lovely. She/they is/are my hero(s). Great friends. Then I left w/Sandy & Allison to go pick up Vanessa from the train station. Got back to the house & sang Happy Birthday to me. Hugs galore. A couple gifts. Kathie & Eli gave me Norman Bailer's The Faith of Graffiti for my birthday. Ohhh mannnnnnn they're so damn awesome. Mama gave me this sexy dress & shades that I probably won't wear. Nonetheless grateful. Delicious foods at the BBQ, yummy jello shots, wonderful company.

Went to work the following morning, in energetic spirits but after I ate, I wanted to LEAVE already. Later that night, I went w/Rossy & Allison to our usual spot on a Monday & danced A LOT. Got a couple free drinks.

FINALLY A DAY OFF TODAY! but didn't rest much.

Blessings galore, thank You, Father.

Popular Posts