Memories

Earlier today on our (Andrew & I) way to see How to Train Your Dragon, I was talking to my brother about my Ma' Lupe, my grandmother & my mother. I've been repeatedly teaching Andrew not to interrupt grown-ups when they're talking, yes, we're at that stage :·) So when we finished our conversation, Andrew asked,

"Mama, you gonna take me to see Mama Doo-peh?"
"What?"
"Mama Doo-peh! You gonna take me to see her again?"
"Ohh. Um. No. Mama Lupe is... she's. She's.." -interrupted by Carlos,

"She's resting."

(tears filled my eyes)

"Yes. She's resting, man."
"Ohh. She's resting?" (we're at that stage where he repeats everything...)
"Yes man."

*sigh*

Ahh, Ma' Lupe como te extrañamos aquí. Te quiero muchisimo. Y mi nene te gustaria conocer. Yo me voy a encargar en que el sepa todo lo que yo se de usted y lo que usted me enseño. Te adoro.

That's all I could think.
I
Miss
Her.

Popular Posts