Until (whenever I've had enough)

Disaster in the world always makes me wonder about myself & those actually going through it. Where am I headed? Will I ever make a significant difference? Every day it's somethin'. Here, there everywhere. Your light & mine cannot make all the darkness of this world go away. So when do we take action?

"I have my own problems so I'll just worry about them."

I suppose too many of us think that way. I mean, really, to devote my life to others, perhaps strangers--ehh! I don't know. But then again, I know a microscopic percentage of what that's like. If you really knew me personally, you'd know that I stopped pursuing my own dreams long ago in order for my family to be able to eat every day & to have a home to sleep in every night. My motto to not send them to Hell? You gotta do what you gotta do. A lot of people make up so many excuses, wake up another day to not do anything productive. & who suffers? Me. People better than me. People that actually help strangers. People don't want to do for themselves. Who wouldn't want to eat, sleep, shit, shower throughout the day without worrying about bills? That's the life right. Well I rather work. A shitty job, even some look at me like I'm beneath them, but I work. I pay my bills & theirs. It's SUCH a burden. But then I look at friends of mine who've been doing this for over a decade. THEN I wonder. Am I strong enough to continue? If I quit just like them, what will happen to all of us? I suppose I don't have it in me. & I'm thankful that I'm stronger. But see all these words.. lacking something most important to me:

LOVE
That's all you & I need. That's all they need.

Maybe if we stopped trying to save the world & show each other our appreciation for one another then we can sleep a bit more soundly, don't you think?

Popular Posts