Where Is the Love

I've discussed tragic endings of love or bonds of some sort over & over again. I've gone through permanent separations just like you I'm sure. Some people don't care & I feel like I take their worries on along w/my own. I don't know where that puts me in this world. I mean am I over it? It meaning any situation in which I lose a close relationship w/someone. One in which was meant to "last forever." Whether it be a friendship or more. Anytime it seems like I'm "okay" about it, I'm reminded I'm not whenever I do talk to someone I was close to. It just becomes like some kind of odd interaction. An awkward business transaction. Two strangers no longer caring for one another; just there to gain something, anything. & it sucks. Saddens me truly.

A lot of times I can't sleep. I begin thinking of this robot life people, including me, lead. Every month you must pay your bills. Every month you must pay rent. Every day you must work. Same old routine. & even when I have the funds I think of those who can't do it every month. I stress A LOT right up until the day my dues are paid. KNOWING I have a few bucks left over, it's very hard for me to think about those around the world who don't have food. Who wake up to violence. Those who are in debt w/the worst of our society. Drugs, abuse.. Then I start to think about them. People I don't know that aren't as blessed as I am. But it doesn't help. I worry about my family. I worry about you.

Part of it is because something bad is goin on in every single part of the world. ALL THE TIME. I don't get into the hype in which the media chooses what they want to broadcast. What they want us to care about. People discussing what news have got to say about this hood, that hood, but what about the tragedies occurring right outside your window. To your friend. People in your reach that you won't help but you're so quick to donate to people you've never met. Maybe I've grown cold(er). Maybe I'm makin sense. Maybe you don't give a fuck. In which case, high five. 'Cause I don't either.

But then I get another sleepless night. Another restless day. I find myself sitting there, pensive.

I care.



Popular Posts