REMIX CONTEST


*I'm going to search & find his debut album: Love & War.. check this out..
"‘Getting Out’ is about thinking you mean the world to someone but realising actually you don’t, they were sick of you without you ever knowing it and is a classic universally applicable break-up anthem in every-sense. ‘Cigarettes’ is about the idea of “fucking up” all the time, “In relationships or whatever. Regret & denial are hard emotions to think about. I quit cigarettes but I would come home at night and my jacket smelt of smoke, it’s so easy to pass a buck, to blame the guy with cigarettes in the bar next you, and not yourself for being there in the first place.” ‘Chainsaw’ is about a dysfunctional relationship that is more destructive than good, but can also be applied to mankind’s gravitation to the bottle. Alcohol is the great equaliser; it can be a beautiful thing, the great comforter. Laughter too, it’s so underrated, just laughing at stupid shit all the time. At the end of the day nothings ever going to be perfect, you just have to laugh at shit...I laugh at myself a lot.”

"‘Red’ is a key moment on ‘Love & War’, recorded during the albums latter stages, it is simply about putting everything down, and whilst its subject matter is sad, its shuffle is infectious. It features the talents of both Harper Simon & Sean Lennon duelling & duet-ting on guitar throughout;
"And what of War? “I’m only 26. no, I’m not world weary quite yet, I’m just trying to make sense of everything. When I was a kid there was something romantic about the bright lights of a city, I thought I would know all the answers, but we’re all just as confused as each other trying to make of it for ourselves what we can. ‘For Your Money’ documents his relationship with his adopted home. Like James Brown’s ‘Down And Out In New York City’, it’s bombast is more uplifting than depressing, with Sean Lennon channelling his father’s spirit on a rousing guitar solo and a reprise that screams of hope and not despair.
"Love & War speaks for itself and for now at least, Daniel Merriweather remains a lover and a fighter."
*Thanks to Steven "PJ" Whitaker for providing the info.

Popular Posts