Confession

I remember a time where I felt too smart for my own good. Where I UNDERSTOOD that saying. I'd ask questions & relatives would give me false answers. Saw the untruth in their face & even my own mother looked me in the eyes & saw something I didn't. A huge STUPID tattooe'd on my face because she, too, chose to lie. Even after I had found evidence contradicting her words & making her backtrack, backspace, stumble, stutter her vocab. Reedonkulous. It was the family I kept closest to my heart that ultimately made me self-destruct. Almost.

"Though I been lied to, was once suicidal..."

Though no one else gives me credit, I'm honest enough to give it to myself. & my how much I've grown. I'm happy I haven't chosen to get revenge on those that thought less of me. & to those that underestimate me: I forgive you & continue to pray. For you know not what you do or say.

Popular Posts