Please, don't help..

I have a few things that need to be fixed that would be if I had "extra money" I hear people talkin' about nowadays.

For instance, I need new brakes for my car. But I don't have the money so they will HAVE to wait. I had a "friend" offer help. Claiming I don't have a thing to worry about & that I could pay him back. I hesitated & told him that I did NOT have money to pay him back soon. He reassured me multiple times that I need not to worry. Reluctantly I allowed him to help.

MINOR mistake! but it's a mistake so it matters.

Not more than a WEEK later, homeboy was askin' for his money back. I was shocked, but he didn't come at me impolitely. Nonetheless I didn't like it so I simply told him that by the end of the month I would pay him back in full.

27th comes by & he tells me that he's "bent over backwards" for me & he needs to "know my plans now."

At this point, I've realized 1) he doesn't know who he's talking to 2) he's underestimating me 3) it isn't the 31st. So I call him up & tell him that he needs to watch how he talks to me. He stutters & tells me he was just playin' & I should know better.

Now. I'm intelligent. So I KNOW he wasn't "playin'." I also told him that it isn't the end of the month & that I wouldn't be accepting anymore help from him. He began to panic & asked why. I told him that I didn't appreciate him telling me not to worry when according to him, he has "bent over backwards" for me. He tries to begin some bullshit story. Starts off w/: I suffered from the money I gave you...- INTERRUPTION.

Suffered?? Oh no no no no. First of all, I didn't ask for a favor, I didn't ask for your help & most importantly didn't ask for your money. Second, you volunteered to put yourself in a position before asking yourself if you were prepared. Third, you reassured me I was able to pay you back when I can!! & after the many times I heard you tell me not to worry about a thing NOW you're telling me you suffered givin' some chump change up? Well excuse YOU! Don't you ever offer your services to anyone else when you can't even take care of yourself. & here's ALL your money back today (27th). You can now leave me the fuck alone.

*drops mic, walks off*

*tiptoes back, picks up mic*

Then I tell my mom what happened. & she disappointed me. She told me I should have tried doin' payments OR tell him that I'd pay him when my tax return arrived. Whaaaat! You must be crayysss-eeee.

Honestly, I just didn't want to hear from dude no more. Because I'm a good person & a woman of my word. I wasn't dodgin'/duckin' him & I felt disrespected.

That's all.

Popular Posts