Personal VS Business Matters

Every other day I come across a person or situation in life that makes me think of how mature I really am. & it always makes me think of my experiences, what I've chosen to forget & what I've allowed myself to learn through my mistakes. Then I think of what that person has gone through or is going through that they are complaining about. I think, "Why is that a stress in their life?" or "Why can't they see the simple solution?" My answer usually is that they are basically not wanting to see the goodness that can come about if they would just make a change. Whether it be to discontinue a relationship w/someone who is causing them harm or not having enough money.

Last week @ work, I was informed of "drama" going on between three individuals. Two females & one male. Apparently the females were best friends & one of them got a bf & the other girl felt abandoned, betrayed & lonely because of the new relationship.

Petty shit, if you ask me. What happened to friends who accepted change & had respect for others & their choices? I mean, there's a line one cannot cross.

Anyway, I've only heard two sides to this 4-side story. So my opinion is partially biased. My two cents about it was the fact that this "issue" & its details were being told to one of our "bosses."

What?

Why would you share ANYTHING personal to a temporary boss? I can see a family business & your parents were ur boss 'cause they owned it, you know? But to share w/someone who deep down doesn't care about your feelings & talks about you to others (that's the kind of boss/person she is).. What is the point in that?

Then I kept hearing about how this "dilemma" was affecting all three of these individuals' work. I was surprised because I didn't even know there was tension in the air.

I couldn't help but think & say to the bf & gf, whyyyy are you buggin'??? I got bills & rent to worry about, & u trippin' over this he-say she-say madness? Smh. Must they go through something drastic to allow maturity to fluorish? Would that even help? Maybe, maybe not.

I advised the bf & gf to keep their mouths shut to our boss & even me. It's just not smart to bring light to problems at work to people who love to gossip. When you enter work, it's work. You're getting paid to do what you gotta do. Not to talk to/trust a "counselor" about unimportant matters of the heart, lol. There is a time & place for everything is all I'm saying.

I, still to this day, can't figure out what vibe I'm able to give off that makes others comfortable to talk to me about anything & everything. I just pray to God that the people that willingly share a lot of information about themselves are more cautious & thank Him for making me a trustworthy individual.

"He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3

Popular Posts