Tootin' My Own Horn

This year has been CRAZY - in a good, turmoil type of way - if that makes sense.

I'm even hungrier for success then I was a yr ago. Didn't think that was possible. But I have goals & plans that need to take place. Without my diligence, I can tell you in one yr I will be in the same spot as I am tonight:

Taking care of four individuals while my life is passing me by.

Yo, how you expect me to succeed & take care of you? Have you asked me how I'm doing lately? Nah, the fact that the laptop that belongs to me is now fucked up due to your dating site-galore searchin' is a bit more important then your first born nowadays.

Mommy, sometimes I need you.
To not be my friend.
Be my guidance.

We can laugh all day every day & crack jokes but.. Your life isn't a laughing matter. & you can't keep asking me to take care of things around the house, let alone ya life, when you don't even ask if I'm taking care of myself.

How do you tell your mother this?

Mothers don't need to be told this.

I still hold hope. Hope that I will allow you to be my mother. Hope that I will forgive you for leaving me when I needed you the most. That critical point in my life where being angry, proud & stubborn became my worst qualities. I'm helping myself though. As best as I know how. Why don't I ask for your help?

How can I ask for your help when you can't even help yourself.

Tragedy, I embrace you.

Popular Posts