I Should Care

I should care.

I should care.
For my sake, I should.

Not until the real thing comes along.
I should care.
About you.

Acting like the little girl named Blue.
Even though I shine & uplift you.
Inside myself, I want to understand.
I want to understand that way more than you know.

Every lonely night seems like a stormy monday.
I used to seek a simple life.
Now all I will accept is the best.
Not from you, but from me.
The pressure weighs heavier, not only as I rest, but as I work.

Sometimes I'm happy.
The joy, you can't miss.
But those things.
Those things.
They're not what they used to be.
I can't see that this outcome is.. for now.


My soul is yearnin'.
My soul is shoutin' & I'm deaf to its call.
My soul is willing & I'm too numb to move.
Maybe it is just tired.
Maybe I can't remember.
My soul needs to be serenaded.
By you, Love.

Deep down in Past I recall the bad.
I recall the mandatory independence of mine.
Deep down in Present I am friends with Past.
I am friends with the loose ends holding me back.
Deep down in Future I am anxious for the success.
I am anxious for the glory I will hold gracefully.
Deep down in Soul I know the answers to my questions.
I know the answers to my questions & I also know yours.

There was this bridge I couldn't find.
And when I found it, I couldn't see it.
And when I saw it, I couldn't walk up to it.
When I walked up to it, I wouldn't dare touch it.
When I touched it, the bridge turned blue.
When the bridge turned blue I ran.
Ran as fast as I could not knowing I did not move.
I RAN ONLY IN MY MIND & BECAUSE OF THAT THINGS STAYED THE WAY THEY WERE.
THINKING THAT I WAS PROGRESSING BUT ONLY LEAVING THINGS FOR LATER.
I burned that bridge down but never crossed it.

Popular Posts