I could be miserably wrong but this is what I listened to, I typed it out. Joe Budden's Long Way To Go from Mood Muzik 3. What I didn't relate to and/or understand I skipped.

"My feet are tired & the pain shows: such a long way to go, now
Such a long way to go, gotta be strong by myself now"

See, sometimes I find myself wondering, how much longer.. How much more of this will I take? Damn I'm strong.

"But I gotta work hard just to reach my goals
Such a long way to go, so many miles left, but I'm here now."

Of course, there's been times I've wanted to give up. Who hasn't. I JUST CANNOT ALLOW MYSELF TO STOP. I REFUSE to not care. This HAS to be worth the prize. I KNOW it. Things that I never even dreamed of will occur. Or is it that, everything I have thought of will soon be a present reality? Because I'm capable of it. Or else I wouldn't imagine it, and hope for it so badly to come true sooner than later. Plus, I deserve it. So when I am able to sleep at least 1 hour a day, I'm thankful.

"Please Lord something' gotta give
They say for every negative there's a positive
But I aint positive for every buck deposited
We still in the hood, livin' like hostages
Nevermind colleges, school of hard-knock scholarship
Dealin' w/politics"

Now. Believe me, it gets so hard to have a lot of money in my hands only to realize you can't spend it on anything you WANT to spend it on. You know you work hard, I mean, this is labor. Not paperwork. You're standing for 19hrs a day BEING ACTIVE! And the numbers seem so small. So many hours put in, for minimum wage. Seems like a joke to me sometimes. Like, wow. I'm a mother & this is it right. Too often, I don't even think like that. My mind is automatically set to: getting paid, taking care of the bills, go to the next job. I don't even stop & think where the money's actually going. Err, NOT going. I think of going back to college sometimes. I'm starting to think that can only be a dream. When would I ever have time to do that? *laughs* Truly, tragic. No time to sit & think about that now though.

"No matter how high up the mountain I stay climbin'."

I just smiled at that when I heard it.

"My niggas'll be here in one call
Shit get heavy all I do is pick up the phone
Aint gotta go through nothin' alone
Shit get heavy all I do is pick up the phone
Aint gotta walk in this world alone
If I'm on my own
Keep on standing on my own two feet
Every time that I cry, when I sweat, when I bleed
See nothing can stop me. No, nothing except for me"

It'd be nice to have someone in your life to call right? So that you WOULDN'T HAVE TO deal with this alone. Being in a house full of people & FEELING SO ALONE. Being HELD by the only person you truly love unconditionally & feel untouched. Feelin' cold. Longing the warmth of what? Of who?? *shrugs* Maybe no one at all. Just your mind playing tricks on you. It's all mental anyway right.

Yeah.

It would be nice to have someone to call. Knowing every time you call you would be able to rely on them to answer. Not send you to voicemail. Not tell you to call them AFTER you've called so many afternoons, evenings, mornings, nights.. But you continue to call. Because of that IRREPLACEABLE IMPACT they have had on you. That HISTORY you shared. Makes those calls you made that were never answered: acceptable.

Popular Posts