2008 post

Many topics I want to cover but want to use my laptop not my phone but then being on the laptop is so time-consuming. I start messin' w/Word, Powerpoint, Paint, Photoshop & the World Wide Web lol. Anyway I guess since I am not busy @ work & am supposed to wake up the dishwasher around 2am I have 12minutes to cover a lil somethin'.

There's a regular that comes in, he's a therapist. From the first day I met him he told me he would never judge me and to never think that because he's a therapist he would automatically analyze me. He said he wouldn't. [Course not, then I'd have to start paying for sessions right?] Anyway..

He knows I work hard, he knows I'm a single mother & from many conversations he knows I don't complain. He also loves my spirit. How often I smile & how uplifting my presence can be.

So one night we're discussing the economy & we shared what we knew. I shared about our nation & he discussed how bad it's going to be not just for us as a nation but as the world. Moving forward, he [among many things] says to me, "Do you realize how hard it's getting to take care of our parents?"

And at that point in my life I felt a rush of understanding coming from another being, him. Like, YES I REALIZE. OH MANN. TAKING CARE OF MY MOTHER IS ENOUGH ALREADY. I didn't say this but it's what I felt. Then. Felt like I had no other choice but to deal w/the fact that she's fully able to work, is intelligent, just hasn't looked for a damn job to hold her own. *reminds self this is my mother, inhale, exhale [x2]*

~2:02a.. just woke up the dishwasher, still not busy (me)~

So I looked at him and said, "YES! I can agree to that!" He laughed. Then I realized, 'He's not taking care of his parents. They died. So what's this old man talkin' about? How dos he know about me? I never told him.'

He says to me, "I feel your struggle. I know it's hard. Not only for yourself but to care for others that aren't putting as much effort as yourself."

I just stood there. Staring at him. Thought about what he had just said to me. And I told him, "Well. I can honestly say I appreciate the hard times because it's molded me into the appreciative, hard-working person that I am. Without those around me that aren't grateful for what I do, how else would I learn. How else would I grow. I just know that if I just keep working hard, one day I will really see that it's paying off. That every restless day/night was worth it. And this too shall pass. So why bitch, why complain, why wonder when better things will come when they're already here? I got a job right? Thank God I have two. I have something. Gotta maintain my smile & my positive attitude."

Then he was staring at me. He said, "You just realized what we try to get others to comprehend for weeks, sometimes months. Logic. You're something else woman."

And that. Was just that.

*Note: things are A LOT better now. Even with the mother =P Thank God.

Popular Posts