& the city that gave me life never looked so good

I was in Los Angeles last week sometime and it was absolutely beautiful. The pictures I took were when I was passing through Downtown. Dark, yet so pleasant to look at. Intimidating but inviting. I hadn't spent anytime there in a long while and for the first time in years it felt so good to be there. The last time I was walking around Downtown was for court. Then before that, prom dress shopping. Anyway, this time. This time, was different. I wasn't filled with flashbacks of bad memories. Even the streets advertising poverty didn't bring me down. I wasn't taken back to my own experiences/tragedies. I felt like a visitor that was just enjoying the scenery. And for the first time in a long time, it felt like home.

I remember thinking sometime during the day about poems, songs & words being written about palm trees in LA. They were looking strong in that wind. Might sound corny but if you feel me, you're feeling my words. I provided pictures only to have you see through my eyes. Provide my words to give you an inside look into some of my thoughts. Don't take it for granted.


I ended the night with a trip to Callendar's over by La Brea Tar Pits (Wilshire Blvd) and had steak, mashed potatoes & vegetables. Delicious.


Then again. I do this for me.

Popular Posts