Where did Jennifer come from?

My mother decided to name me Jennifer after Jennifer Beals. The actress who starred in Flashdance.

My mother also likes to watch different "dance" movies as well as television shows. She probably wants me to be a dancer and just never told me. Because deep down she always wanted to be one.

Or maybe she just knew I was going to be a terrific dancer.

Because I am.

I don't just bend over like these other "talented" girls I spy with my beautiful brown eyes. Notice I put the word 'just' in there.

Maybe she just liked the name Jennifer.

When I dance, no matter where I am, at least ONE new person that I've never met before compliments me. And when I visit Mexico and see friends & relatives they can't help but to compare my moves to my mom's when she was my age. Hm.

Jennifer. Even though it's a common name, I love it.
I love my name.

Photo taken by: Davida

Popular Posts