LA so so corrupt.

I was looking over my Voter Information Pamphlet [I'm a Los Angeles County registered voter] and there's Proposition A which focuses on the youth, prevents them from doing anything gang/violence related and instead provides different activities that won't get them in trouble such as tutoring, mentoring, and a variety of after-school programs.. This would be done by adding an annual $36 tax on each real property parcel.

Excuse my opinion but this is the city of Los Angeles where most of the ones in power are the ones causing the problems or feeding the evil seed. I also saw that the Police Chief agrees with this prop, as well as over 9,000 L.A. police officers [yeah, that makes me feel like the tax money will be used to help the already 40,000+ gang members roaming the streets]. People who protect and serve and don't participate in being paid off by different gangs so they don't patrol their area at certain hours of the night. ANYWAY.

I was intrigued to see the argument opposing the prop. And this lady couldn't have it more on the money. Let me give you a taste.

"City Controller Laura Chick studied the city's anti-gang programs and found the problem is not a lack of money but a lack of management...."

ooh!! are you feeling this yet?!

"The controller concluded solving the problem "will not require additional funding, but will require redirecting existing funds to more targeted programs, eliminating duplication and streamlining programs, and implementing performance-based contracting and monitoring practices."

We don't need higher taxes. We just need City Hall to do its job, and manage these programs.

I MEAN IM SAYING RIGHT?!! DAMN.

Popular Posts