I Just Need To Calm Down

I'm going to try to change my playlist on my phone often, I've changed it twice since the LX first came out. The 2nd time I changed it, I didn't even select songs that I may have wanted to keep, I just wiped my card clean. Wanted to start new I guess.

So I have a few Joe Budden songs on there, and his song "Calm Down" is ONE song I have to stop and listen to. Not just hear it. I may feel super hype, joyful, happy, tremendously lonely, sad, angry, confused.. But that song just takes me to another place.

I know his Halfway House mixtape is out now, have yet to give it a listen. I will tomorrow. I'm extremely tired at the moment but I'm unable to fall asleep. I also slept most of the day but my eyes hurt LIKE I AM SLEEPY. Grr.

Alicia Keys "Where Do We Go From Here" is a nice song too. I love songs more when they touch my heart and they don't remind me of anyone LOL.

"I don't know if I could lift my head and face another day
It's such a lonely road

Usually not the kind of girl who's lost and looking for direction
Who could this be staring at me

Where do we go from here
Follow the tracks of my tears"

P.S. Donell Jones "Where I Wanna Be" - how bout that classic? I remember being at a middle school dance singing that at the top of my lungs. Ahh when I used to sing. Love those days.

"I just need time to see
Where I wanna be.."

I'm just in that mood tonight folks. Peace be with you.

Popular Posts