Whoa Doggy.

Glass Geometrics - Fukuoka, Japan [overlooking the Sea of Japan]
I'd like to own a dog someday. I would like to own my own place with expansive ocean views and in which the architecture/design of it all "serves the traditional Japanese idea of minimizing the separation between architecture and nature." Shoei Yoh [retreat architect]




Pacific Overture


I love nature along with many other people but this concept in this Malibu home is so neat!!

Designer: Michael Taylor
Architect: John Lautner



Spinning the Senses - Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Architecural Design: Wallace E. Cunningham
"The subtle curvature of the surrounding topography is reflected in the design, which encourages constant movement from one space to another, from interior to exterior."



I've seen houses on hills, cliffs, mountains, etc,. and I've thought, man that can be dangerous and even though they look very nice and all I have said that I don't think I would own one. BUT. This house right here. Where you get a terrific view of the majestic water-whoo! It's exhilarating just looking at the picture!

Rebuilt by: Mickey Muenning [architect]
Location: Big Sur


I like the pond concept.


Designer: Craig Wright


Architect: Mark D. Kirkhart



Carmel Valley House


The CLEAN, white furniture! And that natural light entering through. Oh, and the view!

Designer: Sally Sirkin Lewis
Associate: Kenn Shaes



"It never rains in Southern California..." Ok! So this lovely place in Santa Monica, CA was designed in 1963. It is also the only residential structure built by Oscar Niemeyerin [architect] in the U.S.









Now this is beauty indeed. You know how in some scary movies people are screaming for help in residential areas and somehow no one is coming to their rescue. Or how about a serial killer who goes to a home that is MILES away from civilization? Well all that got thrown out the window for me when I saw this house surrounded by the olive orchards. I would adore this spot.


L.A. architect Marc Appleton designed this.





INFORMATION.. http://blog.wenxuecity.com/archives.php?date=200710&blogID=30268&&c_lang=big5

Popular Posts